Notice of Online Archive

  • This page is no longer being updated and remains online for informational and historical purposes only. The information is accurate as of the last page update.

    For questions about page contents, contact the Communications Division.

Smoke from a washing machine with a burned-out motor set off fire alarms in Soles Hall this afternoon.

The smoke was reported at 2:03 p.m. and the Easton Fire Department soon responded to the scene, according to the Public Safety Office. Smoke was removed with extraction equipment and the building was promptly reoccupied.

There was no danger to students and no damage was caused to anything other than the washing machine, which was taken out of service.

Categorized in: News and Features