Notice of Online Archive

  • This page is no longer being updated and remains online for informational and historical purposes only. The information is accurate as of the last page update.

    For questions about page contents, contact the Communications Division.

Lafayette College Student Government
April 25, 2002

An official meeting of the 2002 Student Government was held in the Farinon Center, Room 12 at 5:05pm. There were 14 members present.

Morgan Albus — President
Amy Giacobone — Vice President
Alex Karapetian — Secretary
Elizabeth Harris — Treasurer
Jonathan Cohn — Greek Liaison
Kate Dickie — Student Life
Lee Goldfarb — Community Affairs
Jenna Menard (EXCUSED) — Multicultural Affairs
Andrew Van Raalte — Farinon Student Services
Jessica Rowlands — Academic Affairs
Charlotte Smith — Student Organizations
Kelly Smith — Public Relations
Brad Ship — Campus Student Services
Meredith Walburg — Student Life
Elizabeth Koskinen — Elections

I. President’s Report – Morgan Albus
B. Thank you to everyone who helped with the neighborhood cleanup.
C. The faculty tea was success. Great job to Jess and to everyone who attended.
D. There is an Earth Week lecture series in the Linburgh Theater tomorrow at 12:00p.m. Please try to attend.
E. The budget meeting will be Friday, May 3rd at 4:00 p.m.

II. Vice President’s Report – Amy Giacobone
A. Associate rep applications were due on Monday and interviews will be held throughout this week.
B. Both new and old reps have been assigned to their committees and have been notified of the committees they will be serving on next year.
C. Have been in contact with Professor Woolley, the faculty clerk, to clarify the responsibilities and criteria for each of the reps.
D. Planning on contacting Dean Hutchinson to discuss possibly reporting to the faculty during monthly faculty meetings in reference to Student Government’s current events.

III. Secretary’s Report – Alex Karapetian
A. If there are any government members who need help in upcoming projects or events, please feel free to ask for my assistance in anything.

IV. Campus Student Services – Brad Ship
A. Spoke with the Palmer Park Mall manager to inform her that the shuttle will not be stopping there.
B. Will be meeting with Fred Quivey on April 30th about the electric bill for the boat house.
C. Contacted Bruce Feretti about lights between Pardee and South College. He will issue a work order.

V. Student Life – Meredith Walburg
A. It is $5 for a Student Government T-shirt. Please leave the money in my box.
B. The Freshman BBQ is Friday, at 5:30 p.m. on Easton Quad.
C. Still working on the honor code packet information.

VI. Student Life – Kate Dickie
A. The Sports Festival was a success.
B. Want to get a group together to generate ideas concerning what freshmen can do after orientation for a social life and activities in regards to making a pamphlet.

VIII. Public Relations – Kelly Smith
A. Please bring in pictures for the bulletin board by tomorrow.
B. Responded to Dave Block’s e-mail. Plan to contact club officers offering the government’s help with publicity.
C. Will be making flyers for the Pepper Prize awards.
D. The calendar for the office will be made by next week.

VIII. Farinon Food Services – Andrew Van Raalte
A. Gathering criteria for dining service award that will be awarded monthly.

IX. Multicultural Affairs – Jenna Menard
A. I have made some contacts about expanding the diversity of the current curriculum or at least add some more sections of particular classes
B. I have an orientation meeting on Monday and adding a forum/panel about diversity is going to be part of the discussion
C. I attended the minority banquet and will be talking to Carmen and Dean Spell about the nomination process a bit further to understand the overall selection process

IX. Greek Liason – Jonathon Cohn
A. Spoke to Jodey Frey. Possibly having a dance till 2 party.
B. The ritual forms have been approved.
C. Safe rides are going well. They will not be in service during the last week of school.
D. There is a Faculty day on April 27th from 11:00a.m02: 00p.m. in Keefe Commons.
E. Starting the Professor of the Month program.
F. There is a Panhel meeting on April 26th.

X. Student Organization – Charlotte Smith
A. Was in touch with the Fly-Fishing Club. Helping them with organization and their budget for next week.
B. A student at Lafayette is interested in starting a filmmaking club. Will be meeting with him next week.

XI. Academic Affairs – Jessica Rowlands
A. Met with Dean Hutchinson and brought up an idea for a panel discussion for the fall semester regarding the New Dean of Studies Scholarship.
B. Will be meeting with Dean Hutchinson again regarding Dean’s Excuses.
C. Thank you to everyone for attending the Faculty Tea.

XII. Elections Chair – Elizabeth Koskinen
A. The Pepper Prize voting will be held on April 29th, 30th, and May 1st.
B. Plaques for the Superior Teaching Award were ordered.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:20p.m. These are the official minutes of the Student Government.

Respectfully Submitted,
Alex Karapetian

Categorized in: Students