Notice of Online Archive

  • This page is no longer being updated and remains online for informational and historical purposes only. The information is accurate as of the last page update.

    For questions about page contents, contact the Communications Division.

The Student Government meeting was called to order 4:18 pm. All 15 members were present.

Minutes from 2/18/03 were approved.
Motion: Jon
Passes: Dan

Lee Goldfarb, President — present
Liz Koskinen, Vice President — present
Jon Cohn, Treasurer — present
Charlotte Smith, Secretary — present
James LaBuz, Student Life — present
Sarah Hazel, Student Life — present
Ryan Sakmar, Academic Affairs — present
Dan LaTerra, Greek Liaison — present
Josie Dykstra, Community Affairs — present
Susan Anamier, Multicultural Affairs — present
Amy Schwartz, Election Chair — present
Ryan Lawlis, Student Organizations — present
Andrew Kasman, Campus Student Services — present
Aly Dewji, Farinon Student Services — present
Colby Block, Public Relations — present

Lee Goldfarb – President
-Student Government T-Shirts are being created.
-Neil McElroy talked to Student Government about the library renovation.
-Student Government is working to become more involved with student organizations and campus events.

Liz Koskinen – Vice President
-Working on bringing a speaker to campus to discuss the issue of eating disorders.
-New Associate Reps have been selected and are being notified.
-I received a call from Barry Web Inc. about student online elections and surveys. I will be calling him back to set up a meeting.
-The Athletic Committee submitted its minutes. I am working on getting other committees to submit theirs.

Charlotte Smith – Secretary
-March office hours were established.

Jon Cohn – Treasurer
-Student Government will co-sponsor the abortion speaker and contribute $100.00.
-Allocated $500.00 to Marquis literary magazine.
Motion: Dan
Passes: Charlotte
-A decision on Lafapolooza was tabled until a later date.
Motion: Amy
Passes: Liz

Ryan Sakmar – Academic Affairs
-Faculty Tea is set for March 10th at 4:15 pm. Food and beverages will be served.
-Topics of discussion will be discussed at a later date.

Dan LaTerra – Greek Liaison
-Greek Week is April 6-13.
April 6th: MS walk
April 11th/12th: Dance Marathon
April 12th: DU balloon lift and carnival
April 13th: Greek Awards
-3/5/03 Panhel is holding an ice-cream social.
-3/10/03 there is an AIDS speaker who is an ex-Playboy Bunny in Colton Chapel.
-Safe Rides is starting up again.

Andrew Kasman – Campus Student Services
-I will meet with Bruce Feretti on Tuesday March 4th to discuss issues pertinent to my position.

Ryan Lawlis – Student Organizations
-The Math Club was approved pending changes to their constitution.
-Attended the Baseball Club meeting. They will present their constitution to Student Government in the near future.

Sarah Hazel – Student Life
-FCC meeting was Monday. We are planning a spring dance and planning on making freshman class t-shirts.
-I am forming a committee to discuss having a Student Government-run BBQ. The committee members are Andrew, Ryan, Liz, and Jimmy.

Susan Anamier – Multicultural Affairs
-Will be meeting with Dean Spell, Jadrian Ellison, and Lee to discuss multicultural issues at Lafayette.
-Also at the meeting, we will also discuss creating a multicultural event for this semester or for the fall.

Josie Dykstra – Community Affairs
-Organizers of Lafapolooza have come to Student Government to ask for financial support. The events will be held on March 28th and 29th.
-Will be in touch with people heading the 5K run.
-There was a meeting for the Blood Drive and letters were sent to the faculty and the administration asking them to donate blood. The Blood Drive will be March 12.

Colby Block – Public Relations
-Met with Prof. Silverstein about forum for abortion.
-Talked with Kim Rubenfield about abortion speakers.
-Made Associate Rep. Poster.
-Wrote up Student Government Representative descriptions and placed them on the Student Government office window.
-Working on pictures for all Student Government officers.
-Made a Shuttle Bus poster.

Aly Dewji – Farinon Student Services
-Met with Food Services to discuss a ‘Lobster Night’ at Marquis Dining Hall this month.
-Attended the 5K Run meeting and discussed the financial situation. They will attend the next Student Government meeting to discuss their current status.

Amy Schwartz – Election Chair
-Met with Pam Brewer to discuss position goals. These include mass mailing and emails and brown bag or a debate where Student Government candidates would present their platforms.
-Working on Student Government calendars for March and April. Final copies will be distributed at the next meeting.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 pm.

Faithfully Submitted,
Charlotte Smith

Categorized in: Students